|HAYFEVER CLINIC – 31st MARCH|
|VITAMINS CLINIC – 31st MARCH|
|IV DRIPS CLINIC – 31st MARCH|
|HAYFEVER CLINIC – 5TH APRIL|
|VITAMINS CLINIC 5TH APRIL|
|IV DRIPS CLINIC 5TH APRIL|
23/02/2021 – COVID-19 An important update from our Medical Standards Committee
Following the latest government update, we wanted to confirm;
We are now open for Medically Required Injections
As the majority of our clients are defined as having a healthcare purpose, we remain open in England to continue their treatment. If we need to move your treatment, please bear with us, and we will contact you. We are also able to deliver consultations in England and Wales in line with the latest Government advice. We will be able to offer our full range of treatments from Monday 12th April in England.
As always, we put your safety and of that of our clinic teams at the heart of everything we do. We continually review our COVID Safety Policy, team training and clinic auditing. We go above and beyond the required safety protocols to provide a safe environment to protect you and us. For more on our leading COVID Safety Policy, please click link in bio.
Please keep following us on social media and check our website for further updates.
IMPORTANT – Information for visiting us:
To ensure your safety and safety of our staff we will be asking patients to help follow below:
- Please attend appointment unaccompanied.
- Please download the NHS Track and Trace app prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival, clients will be asked to wash hands and wear a face covering or mask.
- Please do not bring personal possessions to the clinic. Please limit the wearing of jewellery. Wedding rings may be worn provided hands are kept clear from the face.
- When the treatment is complete, client will be invited to wash hands.
- Maintain 2 metre distance from other people in the clinic as far as is possible.
- Clients to pay by ONLINE BOOKINS ONLY. Refunds will only be given if the patient is not medically suitable for the procedure
- Attend appointment 5 minutes early. In some instances clients may be asked to wait in their car until Medical Practitioner is ready to see them.