Who is this qualification for?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for Make Up and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a Make Up Artist.
Learners must achieve all mandatory units which include:
- Health safety and hygiene
- Consultation techniques and client care
- Skin Type Analysis
- Daytime Make Up
- Evening Make Up
- Special Occasion Make Up
- Eyelash Tinting
- Eyebrow Shaping Services
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting services
- Anatomy and physiology for beauty therapists
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology and health and safety. They will also develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to consult with clients whilst providing a range of Make Up treatments. In parallel, learners will develop their communication and customer service skills, their awareness of environmental sustainability and their commercial skills, all of which are valued highly by employers. Problem solving, team working and research skills will also be developed.
GOVERNMENT GRANT COURSE
What is Government Funding?
It is a scheme run by the Government to allow people to develop or change their careers. You can have up to 4 funded courses in your lifetime to do so.
Level 2 – Government Grant (non-repayable) and requirements are to be met. (This does not come into your 4 credits)
Level 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 – Advanced Learner Loans – Anyone is entitled to this, no credit checks is required. Amount is repaid from your tax once you are earning above £27,000 per year. You can still use this service, even if you have used 1-3 of your 4 credits elsewhere.
- UK Resident
- Either your own personal salary is less than £21,000 per annum (or household under £30,000 per annum OR on any benefits (E.G: Tax Credits, Universal Credits, Child Benefit, Statutory Maternity Pay etc – Please contact us to check)
- Over 19 Years Old
- Start Date: 21st June 2022
- Duration: Every Tuesday 09:30 – 14:30 (The course will finish in September 2022)
- Cost: Government Funded